Wednesday 17 August 2011

Facial Steam


I love taking the time to pamper myself. I also love making facial care products from my kitchen.  One I like the most to do is a Facial Steam.

This recipe is very easy to do and works wonderfully.  It opens your pores, extracts impurities and clears the sinuses (good to keep handy with the upcoming Fall/Winter season fast approaching) and will help alleviate headaches.
All you need are the following items:

4 drops of peppermint essential oil
4 drops of rosemary essential oil
1 gallon of boiling water

Pour the boiling water into a large bowl and let it cool slightly, before adding your essential oils. Being careful not to burn yourself with the steam, put your face over the bowl and cover your head with a towel, allowing the vapours and steam to accumulate for 10 minutes.

When I'm done, I usually rinse my face with tepid to cool water.  This steam makes my skin glow and makes me feel fabulous!

A few tips to remember:
  • Oily skin should be steamed once or twice a week
  • Normal skin should be steams once every few nights
  • Combination skin should be steamed once per week
  • Dry or aging skin should be steamed once a month
  • Sensitive skin should not be steamed at all as this may make the condition worse

1 comment:

  1. How cool! I never thought to do this! :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete